Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What means to you be a PRO bodybuilder?

  1. #1

    What means to you be a PRO bodybuilder?

    What means to you be a pro bodybuilder?

    Many people have a dream to get pro card and be IFBB Pro. And why? Most of them think when they get pro card they will have sponsors for all ( clothing, supplements , gear, and even food ) . WRONG . You have a lot of pro level athletes without any sponsor and paying all is expenses to go compete . Yes it´s true , dis you know Justin Rodriguez only get a sponsor this year and is already a top level pro for some time.

    Achieve a Pro Card means Bodybuilding is your job right now and you will have to work harder to deserve this job if not you are just another one . So to get sponsors you need to work for them promoting them ( doing videos, pictures, and many other thinks ) and most of the time the best athlete on stage are not the best promoting and that´s why many times you see top 10 Olympia without sponsor and some average athlete with a lot of followers and working a lot on social medias with sponsors for anything even food .

    I always said competing on bodybuilding is not the best way to get sponsors and earn money with this sport. You need to work , of course have something special ( a gift ) and use it to promote your image and name . And them all the brands will want you . But even when you have the sponsor if you don’t keep working harder and promoting more you can lose it easy . So like I said be pro and live from this lifestyle you need to work because this is your job .

    Remember , nothing comes easy in life , if you think just because you are national Champion you deserve sponsors paying you all and you doing nothing , FORGOT IT !!!

    So be a pro bodybuilder is nothing other have a job!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    MTS STAFF - formally MR BIG BIGDADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,178
    Blog Entries
    38
    Good post. I found another article talking about the realities source:

    No riches. ……The title may help you if you are a personal trainer. I notice quite a few build a small Team. If you are smart, pretty, and have a large following on social media, and are good with people, you should be able to get small sponsorships as an IFBB pro. You may even get lucky and find a sponsor that will pay your competition expenses for a few shows. ……NO ONE should be competing in hopes that competing will be financially rewarding at some point.


    The downside of the above is, most who build Teams, shouldn’t. Just because you are a personal trainer and IFBB pro does not mean you are qualified to prep people for shows. Also many women hook up with sponsors they don’t believe in, promoting the garbage on social media.

  3. #3
    I think that’s the wrong mindset if you compete looking for everything to be handed to you then this is just wrong becoming a pro isn’t about a sponsor it’s more so a dream a dream of achievement you win at something in life you’ve done something good your hard work you’ve grafted year in year out living no social life having very few friends because you don’t go out the door except to the gym it’s a choice many of us make we ground ourself into this and become focused purely on the bodybuilding watching bodybuilding living it day in day our month in month out to then win at something to then have put all that effort into it to be rewarded would feel special

    I wish it was like the 90s Dorian Yates in the shadow hiding his physique until he revealed it on stage not doing it for some gay guy on Instagram to private mail him or some slutty women to private mail him times have changed something that’s harder to cope with when you are tunnel vision on becoming the biggest freak you can you don’t want these messages the only messages you want is motivation to improve and feedback from people who are honest and worth listening too

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDY View Post
    Good post. I found another article talking about the realities source:

    No riches. ……The title may help you if you are a personal trainer. I notice quite a few build a small Team. If you are smart, pretty, and have a large following on social media, and are good with people, you should be able to get small sponsorships as an IFBB pro. You may even get lucky and find a sponsor that will pay your competition expenses for a few shows. ……NO ONE should be competing in hopes that competing will be financially rewarding at some point.


    The downside of the above is, most who build Teams, shouldn’t. Just because you are a personal trainer and IFBB pro does not mean you are qualified to prep people for shows. Also many women hook up with sponsors they don’t believe in, promoting the garbage on social media.
    That is so true and it’s not cheap to compete £500 if you win your pro card and like said many get them now but then does it mean if you win at something you love it doesn’t matter now it seems like a fashion statement for Instagram then if that’s the case and people are better being Instagram bodybuilders

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDADDY View Post
    Good post. I found another article talking about the realities source:

    No riches. ……The title may help you if you are a personal trainer. I notice quite a few build a small Team. If you are smart, pretty, and have a large following on social media, and are good with people, you should be able to get small sponsorships as an IFBB pro. You may even get lucky and find a sponsor that will pay your competition expenses for a few shows. ……NO ONE should be competing in hopes that competing will be financially rewarding at some point.


    The downside of the above is, most who build Teams, shouldn’t. Just because you are a personal trainer and IFBB pro does not mean you are qualified to prep people for shows. Also many women hook up with sponsors they don’t believe in, promoting the garbage on social media.


    Amazing article telling the real truth about pro card ( you pay every year to have the pro carn you earn ) that´s crazy .

    MY article was made same way , im eating my meal and i listen youtube and they talking about why have pro card and i came to computer and give my point of view in this article . I have a big head for something

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenW29 View Post
    I think that’s the wrong mindset if you compete looking for everything to be handed to you then this is just wrong becoming a pro isn’t about a sponsor it’s more so a dream a dream of achievement you win at something in life you’ve done something good your hard work you’ve grafted year in year out living no social life having very few friends because you don’t go out the door except to the gym it’s a choice many of us make we ground ourself into this and become focused purely on the bodybuilding watching bodybuilding living it day in day our month in month out to then win at something to then have put all that effort into it to be rewarded would feel special

    I wish it was like the 90s Dorian Yates in the shadow hiding his physique until he revealed it on stage not doing it for some gay guy on Instagram to private mail him or some slutty women to private mail him times have changed something that’s harder to cope with when you are tunnel vision on becoming the biggest freak you can you don’t want these messages the only messages you want is motivation to improve and feedback from people who are honest and worth listening too
    if it was your goal or dream go for it but doint expect to be payed or sponsored with clothing, supplements, food and gear . is your choice . In this moment to compete on amateur you have to pay 300 euros for each category , 90 euros for painting . You also pay trips and hotel . Before that you have 12 to 156 weeks prep were you pay all your food, massages, gym, and also all your gear . Just the HGH to be a pro for 16 weeks , lets put 10ius per day of pharma is around 2k per month x 4 months 8k just for hgh . Worth all this money to compete?????

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS-Head Coach View Post
    if it was your goal or dream go for it but doint expect to be payed or sponsored with clothing, supplements, food and gear . is your choice . In this moment to compete on amateur you have to pay 300 euros for each category , 90 euros for painting . You also pay trips and hotel . Before that you have 12 to 156 weeks prep were you pay all your food, massages, gym, and also all your gear . Just the HGH to be a pro for 16 weeks , lets put 10ius per day of pharma is around 2k per month x 4 months 8k just for hgh . Worth all this money to compete?????
    Damm that’s so much it makes you realise when you say this just how expensive this really is I don’t understand ofcourse it’s a business but why so much for a pro card and to pay for it every year plus the membership for the shows tan hotel yess so much money

    You know we are lucky to even have mts here very lucky good heart bigdaddy has but ofcourse we gotta work hard

  8. #8
    BIGGDADDY is a good heart person and always try to open my eyes about being smart in this lifestyle . We can compete yes but not to many times in a year and also not pushing prep to hard . Big if you dont see a huge potencial on your frame dont destroy your health pushing more because of bad genetics.

    Big examples of bad genetics that have to push harder :
    Andreas Muntzer
    Branch Warren
    Evan Centropani

    When you see someone like Gustavo Badell , Silvio Samuel disapear from nothing is because is body cant handle so much stuff .

    Be smart and take care your health

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •